Testicle self-check: How it’s done
Date Posted: 27.03.2012
The best time to examine your testicles is after a warm bath or shower, when the skin of your scrotum is relaxed. Follow this procedure:
* Hold your scrotum in the palms of your hands.
* Use your fingers and thumbs on both hands to examine your testicles.
* Gently feel each testicle, one at a time, for any change in size or weight.
* The testicle itself should be smooth with no lumps or swellings.
* It is normal to feel a soft tube at the top and back of the testicle.
* It is common for one testicle to be slightly larger or to hang lower than the other.
* If you notice any swelling, lump or experience a different sensation than normal, visit your GP as soon as possible